Friday, March 20, 2009

More bags have been handed out. I gave some to a group of my co-workers during a training. I am excited to see magic they spread.

I am surprised and excited to see how people want to pass on the bags. People want to share the contents they are given and then give the bags to others. I love this development.

Here are some more tales of service I've received. The first woman, Hilary, was given a bag by a fellow USM volunteer, Carol. From what I put together, Carol used the money in her bag to buy a candle and included a quote. Here is what she said:


"I got a yummy candle and a beautiful quote re. friends being the gardeners of the soul – I immediately knew it was for my boyfriend and when I gave it to him after a particularly tough day as an elementary school teacher he was pleased. He is my "gardener."
oxo
Hilary"

Natasha also shared her experience in paying it forward:

"I am writing to let you know what I did with the $70 that I found in the two brown bags that you so generously brought to the 1st-year reading weekend.

 
 

Here is where it went:

 
 

$20 - Teenage homeless shelter

$50 - to a woman that works for the Child Protective Services in the County in Santa Barbara who could not afford to pay for physical therapy.

 
 

Thank you again for including us in your generous project.

Light to you and big hugs,

Natasha"


 

No comments:

Post a Comment