Sunday, March 15, 2009

More and More

The project continues! I've made up some more bags and have had fun passing them out.

I gave a few to my co-workers. I also left 2 on the windshields of the cars next to me at the Calabasas Farmer's market. I was a little worried that people might get mad or feel pressured to participate. But I really felt like doing it, so I did. I'm really curious to see if those folks come back and report their adventures. I also gave one to a group of girl scouts selling cookies near the Santa Monica Farmer's Market. They seemed excited to participate. That may have had something to do with the cookies I bought…

In other news, Stephanie W., one of my awesome fellow USM readers shared her happenings with her Brown Paper Bag. She posted in the comments, but I wanted to share it in a post too.


 

"Thanks for this wonderful lesson on giving. I have definitely had the brown bag on the mind and today a man drove up to me at the gas station and asked to borrow $15 to fix his flat tire. He is a girls basketball coach and the bus left with his money and backpack on it and he didn't have a spare tire. He had already filled the tire up a couple of times and he was in Westchester. My brown bag held $5 and originally I had wanted to contribute some of my own money to the gifting experience. So I held that as an intention and this is what the Universe brought me :) I gave him a $20 and told him not to worry about getting it back to me. He was very gracious and I like knowing he made it safely back to his home in Encino. I only wish I had told him about the brown paper bag of service so that if he wanted to pay it forward he could and I wish I gave it to him in the bag...it just makes for a good story - ya know? :) Anyway - thanks again for the initiating this experience and I look forward to another round!"

No comments:

Post a Comment