Monday, March 9, 2009

Clarifications and other stuff

In response to some e-mails I’ve gotten, I wanted to make some clarifications.

My intention with this project is to inspire others to be of service and spread the goodness.

This is how it works:

You get a randomly chosen brown paper bag. Inside the bag is a gift. That gift could be cash, a gift card, a greeting card...anything really. Your mission is to use whatever is in the bag in an act of service. Maybe you donate the money to a charity, leave an anonymous, uplifting note or share the gift card with someone who needs it. The possibilities are endless. There are no rules to how you use it, other then it be used in an act of service.

After your Pay It Forward Adventure, you contact me (via e-mail or the blog) and let me know what happened.

There are 3 ways to play along.

1. Let me know you want to participate by e-mailing me your address (jodane1@hotmail.com) and I will include you in the coming rounds. I will send a bag to you. You can use the contents of the bag in act of service, or pass the bag along to someone to help inspire them be of service. And of course, report back.

2. Make your own paper bags to inspire your friends and loved ones. You can attach the following note to your bag:

Inside this bag is a gift.
It is a gift for you to give.
Please use the contents of this bag in act of service service…whatever that means to you.
After you share the goodness and do your act of service,
please report adventures by commenting at
http://mybrownpaperbagproject.blogspot.com/
or e-mailing
jodane1@hotmail.com
Thanks and have fun!

3. Donate something for future bags. Some ideas are money, gift cards, lotto tickets, inspirational notes, crafts, t-shirts, socks, sticky notes, stickers, pens, postage stamps. The sky’s the limit. If you would like to send something just e-mail me and I will pass along my address. If you live in LA, I can come pick it up.

ALSO, People have also been asking what I mean by an act of service. Really, I want people to use whatever is in the brown paper bag that the get to spread joy and/or to help someone or something.

How you choose to take action is totally up to you. I suggest setting an intention for the perfect opportunity to use whatever is in your bag to present itself to you.

Much Love,
Jo Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment